SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, August 8, 2014

Pregnancy Essentials



When I was pregnant with Josiah, nothing mattered as far as "doing things by the book". Now that I am actually into this pregnancy and I'm having a girl.... I'm in it more then ever! Being pregnant you usually think about the baby a lot more then you do your self. BUT this essential list is about YOU! Pregnancy comes with swollen feet, nausea, and cravings for every thing your not suppose to have!

Here of a couple of my essentials for this pregnancy.

1. PRENATAL VITAMINS 

I don't use anything fancy, as a matter of fact I got mine from the WIC office. Even if you can't get WIC, they will give you a bottle. Any doctor you go to and find out that your pregnant should give you exactly what you need.

2. BABY HEART MONITOR / FETAL DOPPLER - Similar


I have become obsessed. I said that wouldn't but it is the only way I know that I still have a baby alive in me. I heard mixed reviews about using them. I have heard about sound waves hurting the baby, but I looked it up and they said it wasn't anything like that. They are more worried that you will mistake any movements in your stomach *and yes your stomach has movements other then the baby* for the actual baby. I have become so attached to this machine I can now find babies heartbeat within a seconds. It's best to use this after 12 weeks of pregnancy, that's when it was harder for me to find a heartbeat.

3. A GOOD FACE REGIMEN

If you haven't been pregnant or just became pregnant you'll start o notice that your face wants to re-visit your teeenage years. And if you don't ever get them, KUDOS to you! I wouldn't recommend anti acne washes. You will want something that is sensitive. And of course drink a lot of water. 

4. BOOKS

Even if you don't follow everything the book says, it's still a good read. I love reading about things that are going on in my body during this amazing thing they call pregnancy. I got a few books from thrift stores. That's the best place to buy them honestly! I also had a few given to my by friends.

5. MATERNITY BELT / BELLY BAND

This is has helped tremendously in my back pain!  You can get these from www.bellybuttonband.com FREE with the code "ENJOYBB" All you do is pay shipping! 

6. PREGNANCY BRA

I have ditched my old bras! I am now using a wireless bra that is so ugly but yet so comfortable! Your probably going to need a bigger size especially further along in your pregnancy. Once you have baby and are breastfeeding like me, there are bra to help in that area too! I will be getting one of these this time around. With Josiah I just had no bra and wore tank tops hahaha I don't recommend that. I remember now my back hurting a lot.

7. EXTRA PILLOWS - Similar


Sleeper Keeper Pillow, Vintage Turquoise

 I can say that this is magical! I actually just got the pregnancy pillow. AND I love it!

8. TYLENOL, GINGER, & TUMS

With my past pregnancies I have had it all. Morning sickness, headaches, body aches, heartburn and even SHINGLES! Tylenol is the only thing you can take while your pregnant without harming your unborn. Whenever I did feel morning sickness coming on I grab a real ginger ale and it goes away almost immediately. Heartburn on the other hand.. I had it faithfully all the time. It just started happening to me after I eat dinner.sI'm pretty sure my diet had something to do with it because I don't eat healthy at all! Tums was and is my best friend.

9. BANANAS

I have noticed since I added a banana in my diet here and there, my leg cramps have stopped in the middle of the night! I'm so relieved!!

10. WARDROBE 

Being pregnant in the beginning of the year pretty much means your going to be pregnant during all seasons. I had Josiah in November and now this baby is due in December. I am getting all the seasons. I'm going through hot stage right now to where I wear nothing but summer dresses and loose shorts. During the cold months it's a little harder to dress, because you actually have to buy a jacket that fits, and shoes that are going to be comfortable during your swelling stage! 

11. TISSUE

Yes, Tissue. This is for all the crying you'll be doing during this pregnancy! You can be in the worst or happiest mood, and still cry over anything! I am definitely guilty of this one as well. 

12. COCOA BUTTER STRETCH MARK CREAM 



I didn't even think about this when I was pregnant with Josiah. I didn't get stretch marks with him until I was about 30 weeks. This pregnancy I keep it in the bathroom to be sure that I use it every time I get out of the shower! As you can see, I need more!! LOL

13. PHONE APPS

When I found out a few weeks ago that I was about 18 weeks along, I downloaded every app that you cold think of!

14. HEALTHY SNACKS

This can also help morning sickness! But most of all, for your cravings. I know that it's probably not what you were craving but if you have it on you, or around you, you may change your mind and you'll eat it anyways. You'll feel better physically and mentally after eating your healthy snacks.