SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sushi Rolls

Happy Monday! ( or Sunday night in my case) I'm at work so I figured I'd share this great recipe my co-worker introduced to me! It's making my own sushi rolls! They were awesome.. 
 So I'm here to tell you how I made mine. 




Ingredients:

3 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoons salt
1 cups uncooked Japanese medium-grain sushi rice

3 sheets of sushi nori (seaweed in big squares)

cream cheese
1 avocado

1 tomato (I used cherry tomatoes)
Fresh-squeezed lemon juice
Soy Sauce



In a medium saucepan, bring 1 1/3 cups water to a boil. Add rice, and stir. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. In a small bowl, mix the rice vinegar, sugar ,and salt. Blend the mixture into the rice.
 
Let rice cool.
Cut the avocados in half lengthwise and sprinkle the them with lemon juice to keep from discoloring. Wash and slice up the tomato as well.


Center one sheet nori on a bamboo sushi mat. Wet your hands. Using your hands, spread a thin layer of rice on the sheet of nori, and press into a thin layer. Arrange avocado and tomatoes in the center of the rice. Lift the end of the mat, and gently roll it over the ingredients, pressing gently. Roll it forward to make a complete roll. Repeat with remaining ingredients.

Cut each roll into 4 to 6 slices using a wet, sharp knife.








YOU'LL WANT TO 


Keep up with me here

Follow on Bloglovin