SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Taco Casserole

The other day my mom told me about this taco casserole that she saw on facebook, and of course I was at work and I couldn't get on facebook, so I had to google it. As soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted to make it. It didn't help that I was hungry at work either! ;) 

It's real simple and it's not even heavy considering I used ground turkey instead of beef, low sodium Taco Seasoning and reduced fat sour cream!

What you'll need; 
  • Tortilla Chips
  • 2 Tbs Olive Oil
  • 1 Onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves Garlic, minced
  • 3 pound Ground Turkey
  • 1 can corn
  • 2 packets of Taco Seasoning
  • 2 cans Black Beans, drained
  • 2 cup Salsa
  • 2 cup shredded Cheese
  • Olives
  • Light Sour Cream (A must for me!) 
  • Guacamole
  • Lettuce


Set the oven to 350.

Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onion and garlic. Saute 5 minutes, or until soft. Add meat & taco seasoning... Cook for about 5 minutes. Add beans, corn and salsa. Mix well and continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
Line the bottom of a casserole pan with tortilla chips, pressing down on them lightly to break them into little pieces. 
Next you spread the meat and bean mixture over the chips
Top with cheese

  Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. I even added Doritos around the sides!
Top with anything you'd like, I love olives, guacamole, and sour cream!!



I hope you all enjoy as much as I did! 


Follow on Bloglovin




Unknown said...

I made something very similar to this a while ago. I didn't like the way the chips turned out. Maybe I did something wrong. Yours definitely looks yummy though.